Chur! I’m Clever Kahu!
I’m here to help you stretch your mind.
I want you to do fun stuff like read, make art, play music, learn a new language, or play
brain games like Chess or Scrabble. Let's get that brain muscle working!
Stretching your mind helps you:
- Have fun
- Have a healthy mind
- Be confident learning new things, everyone starts at the beginning!
- Learn new stuff, and then start learning new stuff faster. It gets easier!
- Grow a nice big healthy brain
- Not get bored
- Find out how things work
- Know more about the world and other people.
Books are the best way to meet this part of the Healthy Heroes Challenge! Reading is:
- A great way to stretch your mind
- An easy way to improve your spelling and writing
- An easy way to have fun: you can take them anywhere and they don’t need power, batteries, or the internet.
- You can read anywhere, sitting on the beach, lying on the couch, standing on the bus. Anywhere you like! Except maybe under water…!
- Every book you read makes you a more interesting person. It teaches you new skills, or new words, or something else about how the world ticks.
- A book can take your mind to exciting places you’ve never been. The library is free, go and sign up and set off on an adventure through the wonderful world of books!
- Learn some of these greetings in Te Reo
- Sing along and learn the words to your favourite song on the radio
- Learn a new waiata
- Paint a picture of something you love
- Paint a kōhatu (stone) and unleash your inner artist!
- Get crafty and make a picture, mosaic, scrapbook, or jewellery
- Ask if you can use a camera or phone, and take some photos in the garden
- Learn to play a new game, have you tried chess? Scrabble? A crossword?
- The family classic: monopoly!
Get two challenges ticked off at once!
Stretch your mind + Exercise
- Learn to ride a bike
- Learn to throw