Hello, I'm Helpful Hemi!
I want you to help others and make the world a better place!
There are plenty of people you can help—at home or at school, in your neighbourhood or community.
Helping others is good because:
- It makes you feel good too!
- It helps the person you’re helping to have a good day
- It produces endorphins, your brain's natural painkiller!
- It reduces anxiety and makes you calmer
- Helping others increases your energy
- It makes you more aware of other people, and puts you in their shoes
- Everyone likes helpful people!
- It puts more kindness out into the world
- Try and spot ways you can share what you have. Are there lots of flowers you could give to someone?
- Pick an activity from the sparklers website
- Give someone a massage
- Do some household chores
- Make your bed
- Do some gardening
- Volunteer your time to someone who needs it
- Visit a neighbour—especially if they are elderly and might be lonely
- Help solve a problem for someone
Get two challenges ticked off at once!
Physical activity + help someone
- Wash the car
- Hang out the washing
- Clean some of the house, inside and out
- Mow the lawn
- Tidy the garden
- Vegetable gardening
- Choose a game from this website
- Walk, bike, skateboard or scoot to a friend’s house
Physical activity + stretch your mind
- Find an activity in your city from this Family Activities website
- Learn to ride a bike
- Learn to throw a ball