Kia Ora, I'm Active Archie!
I want you to get in at least 30 minutes of physical activity
Get moving and try new ways to move more.
You don't have to be good at sport—there's heaps of ways to be active that suit you.
There are fun ways for everyone to be active!
Exercise helps you:
- Stay healthy
- Have a healthy weight
- Feel energised
- Get stronger muscles and joints
- Develop and maintain a healthy heart and lungs
- Build confidence
- Improve your sleep
- Be more relaxed and less stressed
Get two challenges ticked off at once!
Physical activity + help someone
- Wash the car
- Hang out the washing
- Clean some of the house, inside and out
- Mow the lawn
- Tidy the garden
- Vegetable gardening
- Choose a game from this website
- Walk, bike, skateboard or scoot to a friend’s house
Physical activity + stretch your mind
- Find an activity in your city from this Family Activities website
- Learn to ride a bike
- Learn to throw a ball
- Play at your local playground
- Kilikiti or backyard cricket
- Use the stairs whenever you can
- Walk the dog
- Play Pokemon Go
- Play jumprope
- Capture the flag
- Red Light Green Light
- Simon says